One of the weakest parts of most worship services are the transitions but especially the opening. How a worship service starts hinders or helps the anticipation and participation of the worshiper.
Here are ten worship quotes to start a service and help the worshipper's focus.
1. Your inner attitude makes your outer actions worship - Judson Cornwall
2. Any person who is bored or turned off by worship is not ready for heaven. - A.W. Tozer
3. Worship is not the sound of music rather it is the sound of the heart - LaMar Boschman
4. Worship is an exercise of the Holy Spirit directed primarily to God - Ralph Martin
5. Worship is personal meetings with God in which we hymn, magnify, and glorify Him for His person and actions. - Robert Webber
6. We congregate to celebrate, communicate, commemorate, and commune with God. - Robert Webber
7. Because He never changes our praise of Him should never cease. - Don McMinn
8. The important thing about giving an offering is not the need to be met but the worship of the heart - Jack Hayford
9. A lukewarm heart cannot produce boiling hot worship! Heat up our hearts for God and the temperature of our worship will increase! - LaMar Boschman
10. Worship isn't a spectator sport it is a contact spot - David Jeremiah